Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Out of character

Even though I may come off as a huge bitch to a lot of people, one of my major weaknesses is that I care too much. As a friend will be there for you if you need me to bail you out at three in the morning, of course that’s only if I’m not sitting in jail next to you. I would be there for all of my friends, but I can’t say that all of my friends would do the same for me.

I took care of a sick friend last night, and it made me realize how I put too much effort into a friendship. A friendship that has no guarantees of giving me anything in return, but that’s okay with me, knowing that I helped someone when they needed it most makes me feel good that I’m doing something w/all of the time I have. Besides, isn't that what life is supposed to be? To give and not expect anything in return.

It’s funny how life works though, it seems like you can do good for a person the entire time of knowing their existence, but when you screw up one time, they forget about all of the good deeds you’ve done for them in the past and that one screw up is what breaks the friendship. Look at the big picture people.

now as s a caring friend, I gotta go make some chao (porridge/congee) and deliver it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A friend worth having will never count. They won't appreciate or love or hate the things you do for them or not do for them. They'll just appreciate your existence near or far. A friend will stay loyal to your relationship.