Sunday, May 22, 2011

Things that make me happy #'s 60-69

60. when friends unexpectedly calls or texts you
61. hearing my brother say "I really enjoyed today, thanks for taking me out."
62. the feeling you get after finally letting everything out (emotionally and physically LOL)
63. being the culprit of my parents' smile (mom's birthday present and my news to dad)
64. hearing your dad say "I love you" to me (i was shocked when he said this. I knew the news would make him smile, but never would I have thought he'd utter those words to me)
65. taking off a pair of jeans you've been wearing all day
66. being complimented on a hidden insecurity
67. when someone from high school whom you rarely talked to (if at all) remembers you and approaches you at a social scene (happened to me three times on two different occasions!)
68. when the cashier tells you that the item is cheaper than you thought it was (a shirt that was originally $78 marked down to $10 and then rung up as $5!)
69. the nano second of silence when you drive under a bridge on a rainy day



Now here you go again
You say you want your freedom
Well who am I to keep you down
It's only right that you should
Play the way you feel it
But listen carefully to the sound
Of your loneliness
Like a heartbeat.. drives you mad
In the stillness of remembering what you had
And what you lost...
And what you had...
And what you lost
Thunder only happens when it's raining
Players only love you when they're playing
Say... Women... they will come and they will go
When the rain washes you clean... you'll know
Now here I go again, I see the crystal visions
I keep my visions to myself
It's only me
Who wants to wrap around your dreams and
Have you any dreams you'd like to sell?
Dreams of loneliness
Like a heartbeat... drives you mad
In the stillness of remembering what you had
And what you lost
And what you had
And what you lost
Thunder only happens when it's raining
Players only love you when they're playing
Say... Women... they will come and they will go
When the rain washes you clean... you'll know

No comments: