Friday, May 6, 2011

Second Chances

I love asking my friends questions on their beliefs to see where they stand on certain things, and one of my favorites to ask is "do you believe in second chances?"

For myself, I believe in second chances. Not just because I believe that people can grow and change over time, but because a lot of times as humans we don't realize what we have until it's gone. And as cliche as that sounds it has proven to be true with a lot of people for numerous of things. Like a child will never fully appreciate his/her parent until one is gone, a friend won't realize the importance of another friend until he/she doesn't have them to turn to anymore, a boyfriend/girlfriend will continually take for granted their significant other until they are sleeping alone at night, and the list goes on.

But when someone has done you wrong more than twice, are you supposed to apply the rule of "people can change and grow over time" and give them a third try? When is enough enough? After how many strikes is someone supposed to learn their lesson?
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

1 comment:

emmy said...

I believe people do change. No one is the same exact person 5 years ago. I also believe in second chances. If you hold the grudge for every mistake they make then you havent grown at all. If someone doesnt believe in second chances, i think theyll end up being a lonely soul. Learning and accepting mistakes because we're humans and we make plenty of mistakes.