Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Confident not cocky

The interviewer asked me if I had a Facebook, Twitter, or Linkedin because in this career field I'll want to keep building my personal network.

Uh, Mr. Interviewer I am social media savvy. I make my networks follow me to whatever social media I am on.

And then he says "I'm sure you'll be great in this position, you seem very confident."

There's a thin line between confident and cocky. I may have walked passed that line, but I gotta do what I gotta do!

Interview tip #1: you can be the most nervous person in the world with thoughts racing through your head, but if you just ACT confident, they won't even know. Smile, hold eye contact, and own the words coming out of your mouth. I mean REALLY own the words.

Two more days of being a nervous wreck. I just wish this month would hurry up and be over.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

No comments: