Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Not in a rush

http://ti.me/lc6hu0

The article above is a main reason why finishing school isn't at the top of my to-do list.

I cannot stress enough about how school doesn't teach you what "real life" is. I feel bad for people who don't have work experience prior to graduating college, but then again I'm not. I juggled being a full time student and a full time job (which gave me lots of on the job experience that employers are looking for) all to pay for my schooling, car that I drive to school and work, food, and other expenses while most of my peers only worried about their academics.

Even though I will admit, if I hadn't chosen the path (to work fulltime and be a student full time to take a load of financial problems off of my parents' shoulders so they can worry about my younger siblings instead), and just worried about academics instead I would probably be one of the 54% in the article right now that are unemployed w/an undergrad degree.

And in case anyone's wondering why I am taking a break from life (work and school)...I don't wanna continue school when I didn't know what my major would be. I get no help from the government via grants and loans so I didn't want to waste my money and time getting into another major and switching. I am not working because I decided that after working since I was 16 and full time since I was 18 I needed a break, besides I can still pay for my monthly car bills and afford to dine out so why not take a break? I've gotten offered jobs, but have declined them because I am satisfied w/just knowing I can still get hired w/o actually needing to.

But I can't live off my savings forever or be a bum, so I'm going back to school in the fall and am considering a job...but summer is here! Kind of just wanna enjoy it.. >_<

Just thought I'd explain it to those who were gonna jump to conclusions, ya know save em some time since I have all of the time in the world right now. Haha!
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

No comments: