Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Lent 2011

It's that time of the year again, the one time where every Catholic person (if you haven't already notice I mention God quite a bit and yes I'm Roman Catholic) gives up something for 40 days and 40 nights to commemorate the time Jesus was in the desert before he headed to Jerusalem. It starts the day after Fat Tuesday (Ash Wednesday) and goes on until Easter Sunday. Including the thing(s) you give up for lent, every Friday is meatless.

In previous years I've given up soda pop, fast food, fried food, Facebook, and swearing (that I can remember). This year it'll be going out with the exception of family outings and friends' birthdays (which the only one I can think of off the top of my head is April 2 for one of my oldest friend's birthday). I hope all of my friends respect my decision and understand why I decided to give that up.

To everyone who's Catholic, I hope you all found something(s) to give up that isn't too easy, but won't have you pulling your hair over. Good luck to all of you and see most of you on April 1 or 2 (depending on when he wants to celebrate his birthday) or after Easter. ^__^

No comments: