Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Summer 2k10 Recap

I have lived through twenty two summers and none of them have been as amazing as this one. The theme for this summer has definitely got to be: 1) anything spontaneous and 2) there’s a first time for everything. I’m sad that it’s over because the people who made my summer will be focused on more important things than having fun, and the fact that the summers after this will have a hard time living up to this one.

This has been the most spontaneous summer ever and every minute of it was incredible. I lived day by day rather than pre plan everything out three months in advance, and didn’t expect anything out of it so there were no expectations that were needed to be met.

The summer started with an amazing trip to the windy city to celebrate mine and Bi’s birthday with a group of amazing people. I no longer think it’s the destination that you’re going to but more of the people you’re going with that makes or break a trip. I couldn’t have asked for a better group of people to kick the summer off with. I did so many things for the first time on that trip that I have never done in my life, and the rest of the summer seemed to continue in that pattern. Like skydiving, taking a bus trip by myself, meeting new people, trying new foods, seeing new places, and a few personal things too.

Although this summer was the first summer I have been single in a very very long time, I caught myself catching feelings for someone. With how we met in the beginning of the summer, who knew it’d get to where it is now. I’m still not sure what to make of it today, but I’m fine with that. Take each day as it comes.

There are a couple of people that I have grown incredibly close to. Before summer started, they were my friends yes, but who knew that by the time summer ended we would become close to family.
LinhWings: We have plenty of mutual friends yes, but as the days go by we become closer and closer. I remember eating our first meal together with just us two last semester at Hong Kong Noodle. It was the weirdest and most awkwardest thing because we didn’t know what to talk about. Now you put us two together and we can’t stop talking. I would like to thank another sister GiangerBomb who I’m pretty sure have contributed to this friendship’s growth.
maxMFpowers: I’ve known him for five plus years now, but we have never been this close. I would like to thank Lake Calhoun for bringing this friend of mine closer. Random jogs around the lake and lots of happy hours have gotten us to know each other more in depth. Hopefully our friendship won’t stop growing just because summer isn’t here anymore.

It’s easy to make 1000 enemies throughout a lifetime, but it’s hard to keep 1 friend throughout a lifetime. Don’t worry I haven’t forgotten about the friends I have already. (=

A song that'll sum up this summer: Travie McCoy - We'll Be Alright



"we are young, we run free
stay up late, we don’t sleep
got our friends, got the night
we’ll be alright"

No comments: