Tuesday, August 10, 2010

*ahem ahem* let me clear my throat

Before I start, I just wanna say that I'm blogging from my BlackBerry and please excuse any grammar and spelling errors. I've said it before and I'll say it again, but Blogspot you need an app for us!

I normally would've waited for tomorrow to blog, but with all these things I wanna say, I just wanted to clear my mind first before trying to squeeze some REM time in.


She doesn't believe in shooting stars but she believes in shoes and cars

Right when I got to the campsite I told Linh that we pretty much drove 5 hours to just drink. She agreed and laughed. Who knew that that night would be one that'll go into the memory books. Even though I probably spent more time in my car driving than at the actual campsite itself, the time I did have there was amazing. Probably speaking more of the six-but-felt-like-one-hour night of star gazing.

Linh and I were taking swigs out of this Captain Morgan bottle nearby our tents to start out the night, out of nowhere she tells me to look up, and there it was twinkling lights that blanketed our world. And Max came up w/the crazy but awesome idea of grabbing our cooler and drinking at the top. Kidnapped a few people and there we were: in good company, good drinks, and a blanket of stars. It wasn't until Linh seeing a shooting star that I remembered it was on my bucket list to see one. Every time I saw one I got so excited. It didn't last any longer than a few seconds but it was still breath taking.

I probably saw 10+ shootings stars last night, but I didn't make a single wish. #lame

So it goes in the memory book as one of the best nights of my life, so far.


Back at One

Looking back at the beginning and even before the beginning of summer it's pretty incredible how things always works out, it's like my life's a giant puzzle slowly putting the pieces together.

I try really hard to not let myself think that some of my worst decisions in life are mistakes, because if I hadn't made those choices, I wouldn't be where I am today. I explained to a friend today how I thought that worked w/a relevant example, and it just made me realize even more how things do happen for a reason. One event leading to another. #prettycrazyshit


Linh: "you don't need to impress someone cause you love yourself"

I think it's pretty ridiculous that a lot of my close friends think that I love myself so much that I'm not capable of being selfless.

I mean I don't believe a person can be selfless ever. I might've already explained this in previous posts, but in short, you do things for others to see them happy, and seeing them makes you happy, so therefore that was a selfish act. Even though I don't believe a person can be selfless, a person can still be selfish and for good intentions. And I'd like to believe that I have good intentions for if not everything than 90% of my choices I've made in life.

It's not even that I love myself, it's just that I believe you have one life, and that it's your life; you should try and do everything you can to be happy in this one life. But that's just me, my ultimate goal is to retain this happiness that I have found for myself. I believe it should be everyone's ultimate goal. But not everyone's the same. I'll respect you for how you want to live your's, just expect me to add a little input though.

Of all the people you will know in a lifetime, you are the only one you will never lose. So believe in yourself, and love who you are. If you don't, who will?

--i have tons more to clear out, but my eyes aren't going to let me stare at this tiny portable screen anymore. Goodnight world. Until next time..

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

No comments: