Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Birthday Plans

For the past four years I have celebrated my birthday outside of Minnesota. I'm really hoping to continue on with the tradition for the fifth year, but I'm having trouble deciding on what to do and where to go. I've gone back and forth on different beach destinations, camping/fishing/kayaking (Boundary Waters), the cities (NYC, Chicago, Philly, and D.C.), or just go on a road trip (Wisc. Dells, Chicago, Black Hills, St. Louis, etc). I haven't been working for the past 8-9 months so I'm trying to get the most bang for the buck, but honestly money isn't an issue. The issue is the people I want to spend it with.

Ideally, I'd just have a nice small dinner w/close friends before or after the trip and during the trip I'd loooove it if I could spend it with however many close friends could leave and afford the trip (which isn't many on such a short notice) or go on a trip w/my family. But my parents have been taking off a lot of work in the past months for their own trips so I'm not sure if they'd get it off for my birthday week. But I would love to take my parents + siblings (and Paul) to a place they have never been to before, which is a lot of places.

I'm going to bring up the idea to my parents this weekend during our scheduled family dinner. I hope they agree to it. I mean if they agree but can't take off work in time for next month, I'm okay with a fishing/camping/kayaking trip w/my siblings and a few friends and save the actual trip for when they can go. I wanna show them the world.

No comments: