Monday, April 4, 2011

Lost.

Being born w/my dad's bloodline, it's natural for me to hold a lot of pride. It's hard for us Le-Trinh's to admit our faults, when we are embarrassed, when we are lost, etc.

But I will admit to them when I am either. I'm an honest person and I am human. We all make mistakes, get embarrassed, and get lost right? If you're reading this and you haven't felt all three then state your name, leave me your number, and I would love to talk to you.

I'm lost. Last year, I was on a path that I created for myself. A comfortable, smooth, straight path that guaranteed me success, marriage, kids, making my parents proud, etc. But I chose to get off that path to walk an unknown one. One that is the complete opposite, and you know what? I don't regret it at all, and I could get off this scary, dark, bumpy path that offers me nothing more than a bleak future right now if I wanted to. But I'd be like everyone else taking the easy way out of things.

It's been so hard for me to admit this. Family and friends could see it, but I denied it. Covering it up with "Oh no I know exactly what I want and what I wanna do, I'm just taking my time." Or the "I don't see the rush into things"..it's true I don't see the rush in speeding through life anymore, but I am lost.

Although for the past year I've been a person walking aimlessly in this big world, I have better myself. I'm not taking those who've been by my side since day one for granted anymore, I've calmed down a lot, I've started to slow my roll, and soak in what the world has to offer. But this past year was just the beginning. It's going to get tougher as I walk down this path, but I have hope and faith that there'll be light at the end of it.

No comments: