Monday, November 22, 2010

Oh you fancy huh?

Friday:

Spent the day going to Toys ‘R Us to buy two little kids a birthday present and then the mall. Where a friend and I took pictures and sang karaoke in a giant freezer for free Colombia hats. Then off to Elixir I went for a friend's 21st Birthday.


Here's the pictures of us in the giant freezer. There are bigger copies of each photo but I'll save that for myself. haha it was pretty embarrassing, but spontaneously fun. Oh and definitely not posting the video of us singing Nelly's "Hot in here"


Saturday:
Went to a friend's nephew's birthday at Chucke Cheese and won a bunch of tickets and gave em away to the kids. After Chucke Cheese, we went over to his sister's house to eat some more and watch Kaleb open his presents. He's such a mama and daddy's boy! After that was the Black and White party downtown at the Grand Hotel. Got ready and pregamed w/a few friends that got a couple of rooms, then went down to the actual party downstairs. Saw a lot of old faces that I haven't seen in a really long time and it was nice to catch up with everyone again, but I don't think I could do this every weekend like I used to. Here's the pics (thanks Kevin for letting me be in charge of the camera since I still have yet to replace my battery):















































































The roads on the way home was horrific. Thank goodness we got home safe and everyone we knew got home safe. ^_^


Sunday:
Woke up and got lunch w/everyone at Kimson. It's not my favorite Vietnamese restaurant in Minnesota, but it was close and we wanted something quick, for we all had our own personal business to attend to after lunch.
this is the only thing I'd recommend from this restaurant...the beef and potatoes.



banh xeo (vietnamese pancake thingys. I still make it better.)



eggs rolls w/vermicelli noodles


Afterwards, I went home and took my mom shopping and out to dinner. Since it was her last free day before her and my dad leave on vacation for a little over a week. It was mostly her shopping since I have enough clothes, but I don't ever remember her being so materialistic...I talked her out of getting a Gucci purse that was about double one of my car payments a month. After a little shopping we went to Tucci Benucch for dinner. I haven't gone there in a really long time (I think the last time was "prom" w/some close friends back in my senior year in high school). The food was not worth it for the ridiculously overpriced "italian" food that they offered.

I decided to steer away from my usual and got the gnocci w/garlic stir fried spinach and shrimp...my first time ever trying it and it was okay. it doesn't even taste like pasta. it tastes like straight up cheese. it was okay, kind've needed some getting used to. but not worth $18.


My mom got the fettuticini alfredo w/salmon...$17 (could've definitely made this at home for so much less.)


After shopping and eating dinner w/mom, I went home and left after a couple of hours and met up with a friend on the U of M campus to eat some more. Arrived at Village Wok around 10ish and lost track of time and didn't leave til 12:30am. 0_0 but I don't mind, I love having conversations over meals w/friends. Village Woke is a Chinese restaurant, it's decent (wouldn't be my first choice for Chinese food), but it's open late and was convenient.

my friend wanted something spicy so after a long ten minutes of staring at the menu he finally opted for the pad thai...it was okay. but what did you expect from a Chinese restaurant trying to make a thai/lao dish?


I got the bbq pork w/noodles. Something I get often, because it never lets me down no matter where I order it especially for the low low price of $7 a bowl.


That was my long yet short, weekend. I cannot wait for Wednesday to roll around. hehe ^_^

No comments: