Wednesday, September 16, 2009

We had our bi-weekly meeting at work this morning and our region's marketing manager came out to our branch to talk to us about our company's diversity council and their upcoming meetings and events and all of that. Browsing through the packet she had stapled for us with all of the events, what the diversity council was, all of those good stuff. Well I noticed that no one on the council was of diverse descent. Everyone on there is Caucasian, which is funny since it was a 'diversity' council. So a thing popped into my head, why not join?

I like to keep myself busy. It I wasn't working full time and going to school full time at the same time, I'm sure I would find something to occupy myself so that I wouldn't be bumming around. Well instead of just juggling school, homework, work, time w/my family, friends, and the boyfriend, hopefully I'll be juggling the Diversity Council.

I've already emailed the co-chair who I've already met, and I'm going to fill out the paper work and try out soon. I'm not an official member yet, but I already have plans for the council up my sleeves. Let's just say, the Vietnamese Community around MN will be seeing a lot of M&I around. (=

I want to advance within this company if it's possible. I love it here, and I can't see myself working for any other company right now. Plus joining the council would open more doors for me to meet new people and network, also learn new skills I probably won't learn in a classroom.

*****

I wish Blogspot would come up with an app for the Blackberry. It would make my life a lot easier if I could blog on my lunch break, on the toilet, while in class, out at the park, etc etc.

No comments: