Tuesday, September 22, 2009


My fortune I got in a fortune cookie while having dinner for Thinh's Mom's Birthday | September 20, 2009

Oh boy, where has the time gone? You know they say, time flies when you're having fun, but I wouldn't call the last month 'fun'. It's already the beginning of fall, and it has already been a month into the fall semester. Which also means exams in all of my classes. I've already taken two last week, I have two more this week, and luckily one of my classes will never ever have quizzes, tests, or exams! Whoo hoo a break! haha. My brain feels all fried out, and my eyes can hardly open themselves anymore.

Thinh keeps bringing up the fact that I don't have time for anything. The more he brings it up, the more I feel overwhelmed. I never thought I was doing "too" much. I just thought of it as keeping myself busy so I don't waste my life bumming around. I work everyday for 8 hours. I have class M-Thurs for at least 1 1/2 hours (tuesdays are my long days where I'm at work from 6am-2pm then off to school from 3pm-9:20pm), that's already at least 11 hours of the day gone, and that doesn't include eating, showering, and homework.

Me: I feel like I have no time to do anything baby, I have so much to do tomorrow.
T: Well that's because you have no time to do anything hunnie. Your whole day is gone by the time get you get home from school.

He's truly sweet for worrying, but can a girl just get a little support? Not that I need it, but he's always telling me how much work I have to do and that I have no time. I realize that, and I chose not to change it for a reason. It's not that I doubt myself, it's just the more he brings it up, the more I rethink it and question what I'm doing.

I work hard and play hard, because I know my work will pay off. Hopefully soon!

and I feel bad because my friends keep asking me to do things with them, and when I tell them that I have no time to do anything, they take it as I'm blowing them off and the "I'm busy" is just another excuse, but I honestly don't have the time to do anything. and when I do have time (which I have to work hard during the weekdays to get), its during the weekends and thats the time I want to spend with my family and Thinh. I'm so use to talking to him for 2 or 3 hours a night, and since school has started for the both of us it's being cut down to 30 minutes a night. So sad!

Anyway, thanks for hearing me vent about my lame life, and my complaints when really, I have it better than 90% of the people out there in the world.

2 comments:

emmy said...

the more busy you are the faster life goes by.. take it easyy, slow it down and just take in the world as it is :) everything will come to you soon enough my dear.☺


if you are not busy this weekend, LETS GO OUT!! its been too long since we've hit up the streets of dt :)

Di said...

good for you! you have a good attitude and a strong work ethic - two qualities that will bring you far in life.

in regards to being a team player, i had that same problem. i had trouble letting other people do work i knew i could've done better. in the short run, doing things on my own was the key to winning. BUT,

i realized, later, that in the long run, allowing others to contribute their talents and efforts made progress much more powerful. independence is a strong quality for those who seek to become leaders, but leaders are also teachers, delegators and decision-makers. their actions are almost always both deliberate and strategic.

my point is, have trust in people. it'll lighten up your load and help you build stronger relationships.

anyway, now i'm considering blogspot as well... ;)