Saturday, January 29, 2011

The power of a single click

I hit the power button, point it at my object, a quick glance at the LCD screen, and CLICK. It’s funny how a click of a button could capture so much in a second. And in that second, I capture a moment, a moment that will be nothing but a memory, or words we’ll all try to describe again the next day, month, and even years from that second. A moment that’ll never be relived again.

As that second turns into minutes, hours, days, months, and years people change. The person you called your best friend might not be the same tomorrow, and that’s the best part about a photograph: although the people in them may have changed, the captured moment stays the same. The smile, the joy, the tears, the laughter, the anticipation, all of the emotions shown on the photograph doesn't hide a thing.


I remember the day my dad handed me my first digital camera. It was a Sony 3.2 megapixel point and shoot. Back then they didn’t make those things as thin and compact as they do now. The thing was as long as my wallet and as thick as a Jodi Picoult novel, but I loved it. I carried the thing everywhere I went, snapping so many memories. Memories that my friends and I still talk about today. I’ve gone through more point and shoots than one can count on both hands and it all shows on my Fotki (I still need to unlock that thing for memory purposes) albums.

Although I carried the thing everywhere with me the memories mainly consists of captured moment’s w/friends, hardly any of family. In 2011, I’m going to change that.


My family
I was too young to remember having this photo taken, but it's one of the rare ones we have of everyone together, so I carry it with me in my little black notebook as a reminder of two values I have.

No comments: