Tuesday, January 25, 2011

I feel sorry for:

...people who don't know how to mind their own business. Is your life that dull that you have to stick your nose, ears, and eyes into other people's lives? Especially the lives of those you claim to not care for.

...people who only listen to a couple different genres of music. You're truly missing out in life. All of my mixed cd's are literally mixed. There isn't one cd in my car that's strictly just rap, or pop. Every genre has something to offer in your life.

...people who are picky eaters. If there's one thing you should know about me, you should know that I'm a big foodie. I will try everything at least once or twice (because maybe the first time I tried it there were external factors that led to my dissatisfaction), and I believe everyone should be open minded and do the same. You'll just never know unless you try.

...people who live their lives by the books. Rules are meant to be broken. That is all.

...people who are consistently sad, down, depressed, distressed, gloomy (you get the point) about a guy/girl. I've never gotten why people revolve their lives around a significant other, but then again I've never been in love either. But, if you're single and you're always one of those things listed above, get over it. No really, move the fuck on. Why do you feel like you need a significant other to make you happy in life? Is the roof over your head, the food on the table, your family and friend's presence in life not enough for you? Who cares if you don't have someone to cuddle with at night, get a long pillow. Who cares if you don't have anyone to talk to about your day, write in a blog/journal or call a friend. Hell, I'll listen to what you have to say about your shitty day because you want someone and you feel lonely w/o a boyfriend/girlfriend. I believe you gotta be happy with yourself and your life in order to truly be happy w/another person (significant other).

...people who don't know how to forgive. A lot of my friends find it amazing at how easy it is for me to forgive someone, and I just tell them "Well, what's the point of holding a grudge?" Are you making life easier for yourself by doing that? No because everytime you hear that person's name or see them you're always going to feel hate and anger. I'm all for being happy all of the time, for as long as I'm breathing, I shall be happy. Hate and anger doesn't bring me happiness so I try my best to let things go as soon as I can. With experience I've learned to do so, and from experience I'm 99.9% happy, all. of. the. time. They say only the strong can forgive, are you weak?

...people who don't get out there and explore. I don't remember if I told you this story before or not, but one of my old customer at Wells Fargo came in one day. It was a Friday afternoon and usually on Fridays I ask the usual "So what are your plans for the weekend" question to build up some rapport and out of pure curiosity. I asked the customer the question and she who was an elder lady who had to be about in her fifties or sixties said "Oh, I'm leaving town." and you can imagine for yourself what I asked next and so on...but then sometime down the conversation I asked her if she's ever traveled out of the country and her response a shocking: "Why would I leave the country for? There is nothing to see out there, everything I need to see or know is here in the United States..." I was so shaken up by her remark that I just didn't say anything until she left my window. The world may be small (in a sense of who knows who), but there's sooooo much to learn, see, eat, feel, and meet. I haven't been out of the country more than I can count on one hand, but I do know that you can't people watch in the United States like the French do outside of their Cafe's. Or that you can't go snorkling w/the butterflyfish, clownfish, remora suckerfish, or even the flying gurnard in the United States like you can in Australia's Great Barrier Reef. Or you can't float in water without even flapping your arms or wiggling your legs in the United States like you can in the Dead Sea. People who think the world has nothing to offer them are a waste of flesh and space.

...people who don't take risks. Sometimes you need to take the leap of faith, and dive into the unknown in order to gain something. In fact, if you think about everyone who's apart of your life and the events that took place to get to where you are in life right now, it all consists of: trusting people you've just met to build a friendship and foundation for a relationship and from there it grows to something more, and trusting your intuition that the decision you just made is the right one because we all aren't 100% sure of how the outcome will turn out.

*****

"Everything that needs to happen, will happen, in the time that it takes to happen, the way it was meant to happen. You need to trust in that."

No comments: