Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Gibberish

They say the past is the past and when you’re moving forward you shouldn’t look back, but sometimes you gotta do just that, look back and ask yourself where you’ve been to realize where you are.

People can offer support, help, or a hand, but as we all get older we learn that there aren’t always going to be shoulders to lean on, calls will get left unanswered, and emails that’ll never get replied to. Sometimes we have to look at yourself and recognize your own potential to live.

*****

The year is coming to an end, and I’m seeing lots of people talk about New Year’s resolutions, changes, better things to happen, etc. Is it just me or do I find those things a little silly? Why do people wait til a New Year to start making things happen for themselves? Mind boggling people are.

2010 has been just like previous years. Went through things, been through things, encountered new faces, old faces, new places, revisited old places, etc. Made mistakes, hopefully learned from them, etc. All I got to say is that I’m just going to stay on my track, and if my track intertwines with other people’s then it does, I don’t need people who don’t need me in their lives. I’m not going to be the one who puts in efforts and tries to hold onto something that doesn’t want to be held onto.

*****

I was a little hurt and disappointed from a couple of friends last week, but it only made me realize so much more from it.

I’ve always had the tendency to fix and resolve problems and issues as soon as I can. I don’t like leaving things unresolved because I feel like the longer you leave things out in the open and questionable it just doesn’t get either parties anywhere. I’m going to move forward with things, people can hold onto it for as long as they want. I had so much hope for our friendships, but hope alone doesn’t make people realize the bigger picture.

*****

Everyone keeps telling me to be careful with your heart, but what about mine? Yes, I haven’t taken the best care of the hearts that have been put out there for me, and that’s why I’m going to use a different approach for us. I’m going to use time to my advantage because I’m scared that you’ll just be another infatuation.

Thank you for the best Christmas gift by the way. You honestly don’t know how happy I was when I opened up the homemade card.

*****

When you feel like you’re doing what’s best for yourself, no one’s opinions should matter, even of the ones that you care for.

This is necessarily the update that I wanted to get out today, but I can’t seem to think anymore.

No comments: