Thursday, December 9, 2010

Always

“Before giving up, think of the reason why you held on for so long.”

Even though it may screw me over in the end with my energy and time that I don’t have to begin with, but I can never walk away without knowing that I tried everything in my power to make it work. Sure, I could quit and walk away from everything that we both have been working hard to get this friendship, relationship, bond to where it is today, but that’d just be too easy. The idea of being left with lingering thoughts of “what if” is something I’m not willing to settle for. It’s just in my human nature to always have hope, hope that in the end we’ll still be there for each other, that one, five, ten, twenty years from today we’ll look back and laugh at all of our memories that we’ve created.

That’s another reason why I have so many good friends whom I’ve known for years on end, and why I was in a 5 ½ year relationship, I prefer long lasting bitter sweet possibly lifetime relationships over short sweet ones. The sweet just ain’t as sweet without the bitter. There’s no such thing as a relationship that doesn’t go through bumps on the road.

No comments: