Monday, October 26, 2009

Theory #3:

Everyone is whole; no one needs someone to complete them.

I believe that happiness starts with you. If you do not feel happy with who you are and what you have then how is anyone else going to make you happy? Especially a significant other.

I think too many people expect their boyfriend, girlfriend, husband, or wife to make them feel complete and happy. And a lot of people who expect that out of their s.o. are finding themselves more and more disappointed when their s.o. doesn't make them feel that way. But maybe that’s the problem; you shouldn’t expect them to create something that you should have for yourself to begin with. I mean think of it like this, shouldn’t you be happy that you have friends, a family, a car to drive, a roof over your head, and food to eat? Shouldn’t you just be happy that God gave you life and he gave you another day to breathe? I know I am. That’s why I don’t depend on anyone to make me happy except for myself.

The weight of happiness shouldn’t depend on another person, they have their own happiness and problems to worry about, no need to add yours onto the list.

One thing I do expect out of a boyfriend is for him to make me happier. That’s not too much to ask for is it?

No comments: