Friday, October 23, 2009

In addition to theory #2

Things I wouldn’t give an exception for:
  • physical abuse: a slap, a punch, a kick, even a little pinch, if he wasn’t joke then adios!
  • too controlling: when he tries to be in charge of every aspect of my life, the possessive one
  • cockiness: total turnoff and it honestly makes the guy look bad
  • disrespect: don’t put me down, you will not succeed and you’ll never see me again, even as a friend
  • gold-digger: I don’t mind paying and buying things, but when you’re using me, that’s another story
  • expecting change: I will not change for anyone but for my immediate family and myself
  • not defending me: I can defend for myself, that doesn’t mean I want to. If you are my man, you will defend me and have my back. I would do the same for you, and I expect the same from you. Even if I’m wrong, have my back in front of others, and talk to me about it behind closed doors
  • the word “divorce”: this will only apply for when I’m married. If we’re in the heat of an argument and my future husband says the word divorce, it’s OVER. I don’t believe in divorces, because I believe that love will work out no matter what. But if you’re thinking about it…warning sign.

    Things I thought I wouldn’t give an exception for:

  • infidelity: I’ve always told myself I’d never be that girl to take a man back after he’s cheated on me
  • waiting: I’ve always told myself I’d never wait for a man to make up his mind on whether he wanted to be with me or not, because I believe that if you really want to be with someone, you shouldn’t have to think about it
  • no clear future: I’ve always told myself that I wouldn’t waste time on someone who couldn’t see a future with me
  • sexting, sex-mailing, sexbooking, etc: when you’re sharing nudes w/another person or talking to them about sexual deeds
  • crying: I’ve always always always have told myself a man is not worth my tears
  • verbal abuse: I hate when the man I’m with swears at me. I am not your friends or your dog
  • dishonesty: I hate liars, and I never thought I’d make an exception for a man lying to me. (I have in the past but I won’t anymore after our “official” break up with T two years ago, I broke up w/him because he lied.)
  • underappreciated: who hasn’t felt like this ya know? So I guess it’s “normal” but I’ve always thought that a man should always appreciate the things I put forth into the relationship.

    Obviously, there’s probably more to both lists, but I just can’t think of off the top of my head. I’ve always this and that, but you really never know what you’ll do, whether stay with him or leave him until you are in the situation yourself. Things are a lot easier said than done.
  • No comments: