Monday, January 18, 2010

The Hardest Part

Is it because it’s a new year, a new decade, or is it my mindset? Lately, I’m seeing all of this hate and dislike towards another individual unnecessary. My whole philosophy is life’s short, and it is, so why spend it hating or disliking someone?

My whole view on it is: you don’t care (or at least you say you don’t care) about the person, so why do you let the person’s actions and words affect you? So learn to let it go. Let go of caring about them, because who are they to you, for the things that come out of their mouth and for their actions to make you act a certain way. Remember that they are nobodies in your world, and they most definitely do not deserve the power to make you feel hate, or anything at all.

I’m a very forgiving person, I’ve forgiven people for things I probably shouldn’t have, but what will holding a grudge do in the end besides hold you back? It happened, and it’s the past for a reason. Learn from it, grow from it, and leave it as what it should be, the past. After all, that’s what I’ve learned throughout my years in Sunday school, to forgive.

Looking back five years, a year, even a month from today I am not the same person. I have learned a lot, changed a lot, and grown a lot. Little or big I’m sure you have too, and chances are the person(s) also have. Give em a chance and you might be surprised, a friend can turn into an enemy, so why can’t an enemy turn into a friend?

No comments: