Friday, August 21, 2009

It's not how it use to be when Xanga was the in thing. and I have too many! From xanga, livejournal, this, twitter, facebook notes, and now I recently fell into the whole tumblr thing. Too many blogs to keep track of. But even with all of that, blogging isn't the same. Not as many people blog (atleast the people I know) but I'm fine with that. I like having strangers read my things, because they don't have a judgement on who I am before reading my stuff.

But it would be nice to have more friends on these things!




***



School starts in three days. I'm excited to get back and put my brain to use, but then it's going to be a tough semester. The most classes I've ever taken while working full time was four, but now I'm taking fix and three extra credits, so we'll see how this semester goes. I'm expecting myself to get atleast three A's and only allowing myself to get one B, and when I accomplish that goal I'm treating myself to a trip on a cruise out in the Bahamas. I'll go by myself if I have to, my brain will get fried if I don't take a nice break on the beach. -Another reason why I took two week long trips this summer. 1. to reward myself after a job well done for spring semester of '09 and 2. to get myself ready for the tough times ahead for fall semester of '09.
School here I come, I am ready for you!
...but some students aren't:
  • 85% of the students reported feeling stress in their daily lives in recent months, with worries about grades, school work, money and relationships the big culprits.
  • At the same time, 42% said they had felt down, depressed or hopeless several days during the past two weeks.
  • 13% showed signs of being at risk for at least mild depression, based on the students’ answers to a series of questions that medical practitioners use to diagnose depressive illness.

  • 11% had had thoughts that they’d be better off dead or about hurting themselves.

YIKES! Sorry Kiddos, but if you think you got it bad, someone out there has got it worse.

No comments: