Thursday, February 15, 2018

Oversharing

Social media definitely makes it easy to overshare and trust me I used to be one of those that would post on Instagram twice if not three times a week + Snap my every day detail...

I guess with the mental illness I've learned that the whole world doesn't need to know my every single move or thought; which has also led to the strong decline in Instagram posts (I only posted six times last year) and starting to Snap less and less.

But then there's my "hobby" of vlogging. During our annual Galentines dinner, A asked when I was going to post pics of my trip to Hawaii. Truth is, I don't want to otherwise I would've bombarded everyone's feed when the trip happened or right after. I guess I just don't wanna be one of those that post 50x about the same trip even if it's different parts or spread out through TBTS. LOL! Honestly, I cringe at those posts when they show up on my feed 😒 we get it, you went on a trip and it was amazinggggg.

I even had a problem with vlogging on our trip to Hawaii. A huge part of me wanted to just enjoy it in the moment, but then the other half wanted me to document it so we could look back on it. I ended up vlogging, but haven't edited. Maybe one of these days, or maybe not. It was amazingggg but definitely don't wanna do 20 TBT posts to my followers.

My bad if you're guilty of any of the things I've mentioned; It's just so cringey.

Which leads me to respect the shit out of Kylie Jenner's decision to live nine months out of the public eye while she focused on herself and her baby girl.

It's just so easy to want to snap a pic, throw a caption together, and press post. It takes real restraint to want to keep the moment to yourself.

Sent from my iPhone

No comments: