Wednesday, January 31, 2018

D turns 34 years old this year and he's truly the most amazing human being I've ever met and I'm so blessed that he's chosen to spend the rest of his life with me; you don't know how lucky I am to call him my husband.

2017 started out as blissful as can be for the both of us. We got engaged, planned our wedding, however it took a turn just three months into the year. I let mental illness take over my life, grandpa Yates fell ill and passed, D's father was diagnosed with stage four brain cancer, my brother diagnosed with stage two, and we've sorta been dealing with latter two since.

2017 wasn't all terrible though, we got married and found out that we'll be adding to our family in 2018.

Anyway, back to D; he's so selfless it's unbelievable. The different hats he's had to put on over the past year is what's amazing. Not only has he juggles his full time job, he's also full on supported me when I decided to no longer do what I did professionally (which means he's had to financially support the two of us and our household), fully supported me when my mental illness took over my life, support his father when his grandfather passed, helped my family understand brain cancer when my brother went through surgery and was diagnosed, and now the ongoing duties as a son when his father is slowly dying. And those roles are just a few to name.

He's really stepped up to the plate and there's nothing any of us can do or give that'll repay his graciousness and generosity.

Daniel, you have the biggest heart of anyone I know. I will forever love you.

Sent from my iPhone

No comments: