Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Do I miss working?

Yes and no. I miss the look on my team members' faces when I coach them on something they never knew. I miss how grateful my team members were when I prepped them for a successful interview so they could start a new career path. I miss the feeling when you see a team member implement something you coached them on days prior. But do I miss the office politics? Hell no.

A friend of ours asked me how many week my previous company gave for maternity leave and I told him I actually left the company months ago. I also mentioned I was thinking about going back, but when Danny overheard, he said we'd have to weigh the costs first.

I guess I should feel blessed that we're financially stable where we can have one of us be a stay at home parent. But I miss the feeling of professional growth/development. I used to get so anxious before an interview but afterwards the celebration is so worth the loss of sleep.

I miss celebrating my professional successes.

Maybe one day I'll get to feel it again. Until then, I can't wait to make our growing family the center of my world.

Sent from my iPhone

No comments: