Monday, August 21, 2017

"It was a great day! Stop focusing on the negatives, it's all done and over with."

I've noticed that I dwell on things longer than I have in the past. What kills me is that I KNOW I SHOULDNT DWELL but I do it anyways because I CANT CONTROL IT.

The mind is such a powerful thing. Your brain is such a complex organ.

• I wished I spent more time talking to my friends and family (especially those that traveled far to be a part of our celebration)
• I wished I spent more time getting to know D's parents' friends that traveled in from out of state
• I wished I had better control over the seating arrangement; my cousin's mom (she's like an aunt to me but isn't officially apart of the family) had a seat with actual guests but was stuck sitting with vendors bc the list with the seating chart got messed up
• I wished I didn't spend so much on my wedding dress; I would've been happy with something from F21 or Lulu's for 90% less
• I wished I thought through the details more; seating chart, a menu was missing, how the desserts were displayed and when, probably wouldn't have done the chair covers, probably would not buy as many kegs and put more money toward liquor, enforce the no shot rule,
• I wished we spent more time with each table when we went around the tables
• i wished we got a viet dj to do it all; play viet songs for the OGs and the rest for everyone else
• I wished we had signs to direct guests to: the photo booth, late night snacks, coffee & tea, desserts
• i wished we did a rehearsal for the ceremony with the wedding party, ushers, family, and officiant
• I wished didn't drink as much so I could have done 90% of the things listed above so I wouldn't beat myself up over it now

...but it's just who I am now. My mind messes with me and I'm paralyzed.


Sent from my iPhone

No comments: