Tuesday, August 22, 2017

"tammy! I think dave is having a seizure!"

Seizure; I'm pretty sure I didn't grasp what he was saying to me because I told him to get D. And he turned his back and ran over to him.

The man above has thrown my family into some really unbearable situations the past two months. Starting with D's father being diagnosed out of nowhere with glioblastoma and then my youngest sibling having a seizure at my wedding reception.

I hate to say this but it's almost bittersweet. Both times were unexpected, however, both times my family has come out on top and stronger than ever.

I was beginning to think life was TOO long for me and that i couldn't bear living in this horrible world for so long, but after recent family events I couldn't be anymore wrong. Life is not too long, life is too short.

Life is too short to be spending your days worrying about tomorrow because it truly isn't promised. You'll never know if those mean words you uttered to a loved one when you were angry with them for something petty will be the last words you'll ever get to say to them. Let's not have any regrets.

I'm going to think long and hard about how I spend my time going forward. I'm also going to think long and hard about the people I want to spend time with; make your time worth it.

I've never cried so much in two months before over the fear of losing a loved one. And somehow the man above teased my family with the THOUGHT of losing two loved ones.

Death is too real, but so is this life I've been given. I must be blessed with this time for something right? I must have a purpose here.

Sent from my iPhone

No comments: