Saturday, March 24, 2018

Boy, I was on such a high after our level 2 ultrasound with the perinatal doctor. Besides more blood being detected on the ultrasound, the doc cleared baby of any spinal bifida and missing chromosomes. He thoroughly explained the elevated blood test results and I was really feeling good.

Adding to that high, just a week later I felt baby move with my hands!!!! She moves around a lot and I'm loving it! Every time she does, I drop what I'm doing to feel her. I can't wait to meet her. Danny is going to be an amazing father.

BUT then I saw my OB this week and the appointment with her really brought on the lows. She said although the perinatal doc said baby is fine, due to the subchorionic hemorrhage I have to start weekly ultrasounds at 28 weeks. I guess it's to measure baby to ensure placenta is doing its job, measure amniotic fluid so it's not getting too low, and make sure my placenta isn't bleeding (placental abruption). I'm all for seeing baby on a screen weekly until I deliver her, but in a normal pregnancy you're only supposed to have 2-3 ultrasounds; to date I've had 5 and will have roughly 12 more if baby is full term. It's concerning for any mother to be, but Danny reassured me my IB is just being extra cautious and conservative.

After every OB appointment I get a printout from her and on it it reads: High Risk Pregnancy. I broke down and bawled after reading it.

Sent from my iPhone

No comments: