Monday, January 21, 2013

Our Story

I love life and all of the individuals in it. All of our stories are different.

I would've loved to have the traditional life where I ended up with my high school sweetheart. But things happen for a reason. For all the 5-6 years we were together definitely contributed to the woman I am today, anything longer than that would've been wasted time. Wasted time because when you realize your values and priorities aren't aligned with your partner's, how could you build a future together?

Time spent with others (men/boys, friends, and family) and myself made me realize a lot (notice, I didn't say everything). I realized who I wanted in my life, what I wanted out of my life, and what I needed to do to get there. Came up with a plan and then...

Came him. On the day I had a huge shot taken to my ego. What I thought was going to be a good distraction with friends from what had happened earlier on in the day ended up being serendipity.

No comments: