Saturday, January 5, 2013

2013

I feel new year's resolutions are corny and unnecessary just because why do you need to wait until a new year to start something....

But I've been thinking a lot about the person I was 10, 5, and even a year ago, and although I've definitely grown, I'm still not the person I want to be.

With having so many people walk in and out of my life, I've come to realize that the problem is me. With that realization, I've also realized how unbelievably blessed I am to continue to have people who've stuck with me through my worst mistakes (or life lessons if you prefer to be optimistic).

I'd like to call this my personal growth plan for 2013+...things I'd like to work on to become a better daughter, sister, family member, friend, significant other, colleague, and human.

But I can only do this with the help of the people in my life. EX: being w/Danny he calls me out on things I do that drives him insane or let's me know of a mistake so I'm AWARE of my actions. From there I try to get a hold of what my thoughts and feelings are before my actions and try to prevent it from happening. It's tough, it takes time, but it works.

I want to retain the ones who have stuck by me.

Sent from my iPad

No comments: