Monday, August 29, 2011

Three Months Later

Three months ago I couldn't wait for myself to start an opportunity that was given to me. I've always been one to believe that things happen for a reason, and three months later everything couldn't have happened at a better time.

You may never know where you're going, but just know that you'll always end up where you're meant to be.

I've always been big on not wasting time. It's a huge reason why I hardly ever slept growing up. Also, a reason why I left things. Whether it was relationships, friendships, or a company I was working for, if I no longer saw the purpose in staying I would leave to save myself the other people time.

My company's motto for myself and the people holding the same position as I do is: Helping make our client's dreams more within reach.

At first I thought that was a pretty cheesy big corporate tag line, but the more and more I am going further in this position I realize more and more the part I play in each one of my client's and future client's lives. And as corny as this may sound, I really do help make people's dreams come true. What a perfect potential career for me right?!

Things I have learned/realized the past three months (not just related to this new position):

Discipline and determination: I've said this in previous posts, but I've always gotten away with the bare minimum. And with studying for three exams, I learned quickly that if I didn't have discipline and determination to sacrifice time in some areas of my life I would've failed. I learned that giving up a few hours won't do me any good. The long term benefits if I just gave up a few weeks of my social life versus the instant gratification of having my social life were really obvious. I did what I could to pass the hardest exam I've ever taken, and I'm satisfied w/the outcome.

What do I want? I've had my entire life planned out at one point in my life, and once I realized that things not only change everyday, but every second I started to live more in the moment. That's how it's been for the past two years and with myself helping clients realize their own goals/dreams and helping them take the steps necessary to achieve them I am finding myself thinking about my own goals and dreams. I had plenty at one point, and now I don't even know where to begin. When I think about them all I can think about is making my parents proud, seeing my younger brother and sister grow happy, helping other's, etc. I just want to see the people I'm surrounded by happy.

It is nearly impossible to separate professional and personal life if you're working the hours I do. I tried really hard in the beginning to make sure the two were separated like I had w/my previous jobs, but when you're seeing your colleagues more than your own family and friends you can't help but mix the two up a little. I've met some really great people since I have started and many of them have grown to be my own friends. And all of them motivated me to pass the exams in the beginning stages of this job/potential career. Knowing that each one of them could do it, made me realize that it wasn't impossible, and that if they did it I sure as hell could too. Just because I'm a girl and they're all guys didn't mean shit. Just because they all have college degrees and I didn't, didn't mean shit.

Although I don't care for my reputation much, it does go a long ways. Although I consider myself to be a lot calmer (many of my friends could say the same), there are still so many others out there that believe otherwise. People must not believe in change or something cause apparently I'm still crazy Tamzilla. I'm fine w/that, it's just funny..especially coming from people that haven't really spent any time hanging out w/me in the last year or so. News flash: there's a time when someone realizes they can either grow up or stay who they are. I realized by staying who I was, it wouldn't get me far in life so I had to do something about it.

Serendipity; in other words, finding without seeking. You may never know where you'll meet someone who'll change your life in so many ways, ways you didn't think was possible. It hasn't been a long time, but I already feel that this will be something great.

1 comment:

emmy said...

<3

Serendipity.

I can sense a hint of something.. But i'll wait til we get our chance to share. (: